Virtual Q & A Sessions
This year, in light of the COVID-19 restrictions, MIC is offering interested parties the chance to ask our lecturers, and other key members of the College community, anything they would like to know about MIC, and its degrees, via a series of Instagram Live Q&A sessions.
Instagram Live Schedule of events (Instagram Handle @miclimerick)
- Thursday 30 April (10.30am): General Q & A Session on MIC with Dr Patrick Cosgrove, MIC Student Recruitment Officer
- Tuesday 5 May (11am): BA in Contemporary and Applied Theatre Studies (MI001) with Dr Carole Quigley, Department of Drama & Theatre Studies
- Thursday 7 May (11am): Student Support Services with Dr Geraldine Brosnan, Director of Student Life
- Tuesday 12 May: (11am): Bachelor of Arts (MI002) with Dr John Perry, Dean of the Faculty of Arts
- Tuesday 19 May (11am): MIC Thurles Post-Primary Teacher Education Degrees (MI009/10/11/12/13/14) with Dr Finn Ó Murchú, Head of the School of Education (Post-Primary)
- Thursday 21 May (11am): Entrance Scholarships, Sports Scholarships and CAO Concession Sports Scheme with Dr Patrick Cosgrove, Student Recruitment Officer
- Tuesday 26 May (11am): BA in Early Childhood Care and Education (MI007) with Alicja McCloskey, Department of Reflective Pedagogy & Early Childhood Studies
- Wednesday 3 June (11am-11.20am): Bachelor of Education (Primary Teaching - MI005/06) & Bachelor of Education (International – MI004) with Dr John O’Shea, Department of STEM Education
- Wednesday 3 June (11.25am-11.45am): B Ed in Education & Psychology (MI008) with Dr Claire Griffin, Department of Educational Psychology, Inclusive & Special Education
- Thursday 4 June (11am): MIC Students' Union and Clubs & Societies with Aisling Cusack, President of MISU
Open Days 2020/2021
Dates as follows (please note that physical events will run subject to public health advice):
MIC Limerick, South Circular Road, Limerick
- October 2020 (TBC)
- January 2021 (TBC)
MIC Thurles, Cathedral Street, Thurles
- November 2020 (TBC)
'Taster' Days 2020
POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19: Student Teacher Experience Day at MIC Thurles on Saturday 28 March & Taster Sessions at MIC Limerick on Thursday 30 April 2020.
See virtual Q&A session information above.
Postgraduate Open Day/Information Sessions
POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19.
Mary Immaculate College is a leading provider of postgraduate education at Graduate Diploma, Taught/Research Masters and Doctoral levels in both Arts and Education.
Lunchtime Information Sessions
Lunch-time Postgraduate Study Information Sessions, run in conjunction with the RGSO, take place throughout the Academic Year. Six sessions take place in MIC Limerick with a dedicated session taking place in MIC Thurles early in the first semester.
The Open Day in January at MIC Limerick will cater for prospective postgraduate students.
Learn more about our numerous postgraduate programmes in Education and Arts at Diploma, Master's and Doctoral levels, as well as all the essential information on amenities and supports.
Find your postgraduate programme here.